Good point.

And yes, I'm not a fan of the bullets, but the client insists. Ugh.

-J

-----Original Message-----
From: css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org
[mailto:css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org] On Behalf Of David Laakso
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:03 AM
To: Jay Carlson
Cc: 'css-discuss'
Subject: Re: [css-d] Sizing bullets in IE6/IE7

Jay Carlson wrote:
> I'm normally pretty clever with CSS, but the IE6/IE7 rendering of this
page
> is giving me issues:
>
> http://smmirror.jaycarlson.net/?noscript
>
> I want nice, big bullets, but normal-sized text on the sidebars, so I'm
> doing something like:
>
> And although the exact sizes have had to be tweaked between Gecko, WebKit,
> Presto, and IE8, the CSS doesn't seem to work at all in IE6 or IE7 -- the
> bullets are tiny, regardless of what I set as the li font-size.

I guess because it is just a little to sophisticated for IE/6 and IE/7 ???
And it gets a little strange in compliant browsers if the user has the
fonts set to a minimum font-size (I am at 16px).
I think you may need to use an image if you want those to look the same
in IE 6/7.

Best,
~d
PS If you are seeking an off-wall  personal opinion, I'd bump the type a
little and not use any list style marker at all.

--
desktop
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/