> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, Brian M. Curran wrote:
> > Hiya,
> > Can anyone suggest a CSS font treatment to my home page quotes, that
> > would jazz them up and make them more appealing?
> >
> > www.draftingservices.com

> Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>
>   The biggest problem I have with that page is that is is a narrow
>   ribbon of text down the centre of my browser window, forcing too
>   much scrolling: <http://cfajohnson.com/testing/draftingservices.jpg>

I was trying to figure out what the fuss was about, until I refreshed the
page,
and realized that I was looking at a cached version.

Here's my thoughts:

blockquote {
  margin: auto 0;
}

The margins on the paragraphs are plenty - you don't need them on the
blockquote too.

also remove the font and line height rules - I liked it better in Arial.

Also, I'd consolidate the blockquotes into 2 (instead of 5):

Thanks, good point. ...Tinkering with the CSS has been a fun and good
learning experience. Everyone's critiques and ideas have helped me continue
to understand CSS better, while accomplishing something very practical.
...Back to CAD work today, and then back to my home page when I have some
downtime!

Sincerely,
Brian