Duane Nelson wrote:

> I'm of the validation persuasion, because I lack the "theory" behind CSS
> and HTML.  By validating my code, which I learned I need to do from this
> list, I have a foundation to fix the display behavior.  This PNG fix
> only affected IE browsers below version 6.  I tried a new fix for
> appwoodcraft.com because I thought it was better than my previous fix.
> So to fix the validation issue, I took the "behavior" code out of my CSS
> and went back to the JS fix from before.

All understood.  But I foresee one potential problem.  If your
static data (HTML, CSS) are valid, but you extend them using
JavaScript, then unless you can re-validate the extended
(static + dynamic) data, you are not really any better off
than before.  In fact, unless you be 100% certain that what
your JavaScript generates is (a) consistent with your static
data, (b) does exactly what you require (neither more not less),
and (c) yields extended (static + dynamic) data that are still
valid, then you may in fact be worse off.  My two penn'orth.

Philip Taylor