From: css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org
[mailto:css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org] On Behalf Of martin
Sent: June-22-10 5:06 PM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: [css-d] centering 3 float: left boxes

Hi all

I'm trying to center 3 float:left boxes in the middle of the main container.
So far I've got:

,----[ html markup ]

`----

,----[ css ]

| body {
|    margin: 0;
|    padding: 0;
|    text-align: center;
| }
| #container {
|    width: 1024px;
|    margin: 0 auto;
|    text-align: left;
|    background-color: cyan;
|    border-style: solid;
| }
| #left_main, #centre_main, #right_main {
|           float: left;
|           width: 25%;
|           background-color: red;
|           margin: 1em;
|           padding: 1em;
| }
| .curved {
|           border-radius: 8px; /* CSS3 compliant browsers */
|               -moz-border-radius: 8px; /* firefox */
|                   -webkit-border-radius: 8px; /* Google Chrome, Safari  */
|                       -khtml-border-radius: 8px; /* Linux Browsers */
|                           behavior: url("css/border-radius.htc"); /* IE
Browsers */
|                               background-image: url("1px.svg");  /* Opera
9.5+ */
| }
| .cleared {
|        clear: both;
| }
`----

How would I have to change it so that those three boxes (left_main,
centre_main, right_main)
were positioned in the middle of the container. As you can see they
(understandably) are slightly
to the left.

Thank you.

cheers