On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:52 AM, Jack Blankenships wrote:

> The color:transparent style works for most browsers, but does not function
> as desired in Opera or Internet Explorer.  The font-size:0 style presents
> the desired appearance in Opera.

Which version of Opera ? color: transparent appears to work fine with Opera
10.53 + here. (I forgot when they implemented support the transparent keyword).
As for IE, IE 8 has only limited support for this.

As for font-size: 0, that is always a poor idea. People can set a minimum
font-size in most browser, or override the page specified font-size by other
means.
Have you looked into using a strong negative text-indent ?

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/