Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

> Usually you don't even know if the user has the font activated or not... :-).

This is a little off-topic for CSS-D, but still pertinent,
so I hope the question will be acceptable to most : is
it possible, using JavaScript or otherwise, to interrogate
the DOM to find out which font has actually been used
to render an element or a part thereof ? For example,
if I write

sans-serif">
                Now is the time for all good men
                Եւ երկիր էր աներևոյթ և անպատրաստ
                Ἀνδρόνικος Κάλλιστος
                Thông tin hàng ngày ở Việt Nam
                苦相身为女

can I then somehow interrogate the DOM to ascertain the
actual font used to render each character ?

Philip Taylor