On 7/15/10 1:51 PM, absynthe minded web smithes wrote:
> Is there a way to target styles to specific OS's? FF for Mac and FF
> for Windows have slight differences in how they handle legends,
> fonts, and other little things I have yet to discover. I've also
> noticed little differences in Webkit browsers.

Do those "slight differences" wreck the design or usability of your
site? If not, I suggest you don't worry about it. As far as fonts go,
there are very significant differences not only across platforms, but
settings like DPI, type of screen, available fonts, and a whole host of
user-configurable browser and OS settings.

There are many new devices arriving on the Web-enabled scene, too. It's
my opinion that you'd be better off spending time on designing for these
new platforms than on fixing slight differences across desktops and laptops.

But that's me...

Cordially,
David