On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:54:45 +0100, Dipesh Parmar
<dipesh.par...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, if anyone is interested i've created phase 1 of the
> latest site i'm working on. Any thoughts and criticism's gratefully
> received, as a newbie to web design feedback is essential!
>
> http://rspca-brighton.co.uk
>
> Its my biggest project to date, and luckily, i've been given a free
> reign over where to take the site. Phase 1 was to clean up the old site,
> which was horrendous, especially the navigational which was atrocious!
> Anyway, i've spent the last 3 weeks cleaning it up and making it as
> user-friendly as possible. The sites not going to win any awards but
> hopefully it 'does the job'. Phase 2 concerns areas which will be new to
> me, such as creating a CMS platform, spending more time on the graphical
> side of it (of most interest to me as i'm an artist), making the site
> more interactive, more content etc. Theres plenty of scope for
> experimentation i hope.
>
> regards,
>
> Dipesh

Hi Dipesh, nice site for a great cause.

One problem I noticed was a flickering on your menu when hovering close to
the right side of it.
It seems that you have two different widths set for the link
ul.leftmenu li a is set at 136px wide,
ul.leftmenu li a:hover is set at 116px wide

you have a relatively trivial validation error with some of the images
having 'Alt' attributes instead of 'alt'.

Duncan