Shortie Designs said:

>I'm trying to keep the current page navigation  link a different colour to
>the rest of the navigation link - this way users will know what page they
>are on. Ie: if the user is on the 'ABOUT US' page - then the About US link
>in the navigation bar is a different colour. I don't want to use JavaScript.

The best way if using a dynamic web page is to use an id on the current
page link in the navigation. If it's a static web site you could use a
combination of an id on the body tag and the links and target those with
unique descendant selectors.
For example these HTML snippets:

could be targeted with these selectors:
#markets #nav-markets, #products #nav-products

I'd use "id" rather than "class" as a target inside the navigation
should be unique on the page.
Even if you have several pages with the same body id value, this doesn't
matter as only one page is loaded at a time. This allows several pages
to be current under a navigation link, like part 2 of an article and so on.

I use this technique on quickly made mockups and similar.

/MB