On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Alex Mitchell <alex.mitch...@gumware.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Elizabeth Farley
> <efarley.m...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Oh wow, that's an interesting technique - I was worried about SEO (which I
>> still have to work on) with all the graphics/flash - I can see what you are
>> proposing.
>> Having made and uploaded the changes (with a little tweak...) If I use the
>> FF web developer toolbar and "Display CCS by media type" I can see it
>> working.  But if I go to print preview, it's not the same....
>> And IE won't show a banner at all in print preview...
>> hmm...
>> --
>> Elizabeth Farley
>>

> By default, in firefox 3.6.6 at least, background images and colors are not
> printed. It is an option you can enable in the print preview screen,
> however. Bummer, that's an issue I didn't think about.
>
> I'll contemplate this overnight and see if I can come up with any other
> solutions.
>
> Best of luck,
> Alex Mitchell
> http://gumware.com

After some thought and headpounding (FF won't print the flash main area...),
I am wondering is it possible to have the homepage converted to a pdf and be
printed when a user presses the print button....or I suppose I could create
a small "print this page" button/link... guess I am just thinking out loud.
Thanks for helping us amateurs.

--
Elizabeth Farley