> the site
>> needs to work for people who will be increasing text size and also for
>> those who will be using a screen reader.

> Then set no font less than default, and ditch the Verdana and MS stuff:
> Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif will do.

> Letter-spacing content text is not
> helping their cause.

> You are dropping the right col with a heavy +
> hand-- and same if minimum font-size is set in the prefs at 24 in FF and
> 32 in Opera. If you use em you'll need to declare font-size 100% on html
> or the fonts will go totally goofy in IE when scaled.

Hi Helen K. - or is this David?

Thanks for your input. I've made some changes
http://sandyfeldman.com/ana/10test.shtml

and I have some questions - why not Verdana or "trebuchet MS"?

letter-spacing on browser text is often really tight - a small bit of
opening up seems to increase legibility to me. I can understand
objecting to the kind of spacing that ends up looking like "t h i s" but
a .1em just looks to me like it makes things better. Is there something
I'm not thinking of?

I'm not sure what you mean by "You are dropping the right col with a
heavy + hand--"

thanks again for taking the time to help me think about this.

Sandy