On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Michael Beaudoin <mich...@ba-doyn.com>wrote:

> Hey all. Me again.
>
> I'm finally getting a hang of the drop down menus, but I'm having an
> issue with the hover state when one mouses over the submenus.
>
> Right now, the hover on the normal nav item give a bar on top. When I
> trigger the drop down and mouse over an item, the bar also shows up
> and makes the sub menu bounce up and down. I just want a simple text
> color change.
>
> I'm sure it's a cascade issue and I've tried to track it down with no
> success. Any suggestions on a solution, and how to track this kind of
> thing down in the future?
>
> Sample is here: http://www.ba-doyn.com/junk
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Michael

The issue lies in style.css line 20:

ul.dropdown   a:hover  {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #333333;
    border-top-width: 6px;
    border-top-style: solid;
    border-top-color: #673E1F;
}

This also affects the a:hover of the nested lists.

After this rule you should add another rule that specifies to have no border
on the nested lists:

ul.dropdown ul a:hover{
border:none;
(text color, etc)
}

This overrides the previous rule because of two reasons: it is a more
specific selector, and it is declared later in the stylesheet.

Hope this helps,
Alex Mitchell
http://gumware.com/