Scott Povlot wrote:
I need some help with a rendering problem on IE8 that does not show on other browsers including IE7, Firefox and Chrome. I am using an image replacement technique for the title header. On IE8, there is a large gap at top of the image so the backgrounds don't match up.

The website is http://piedmont-div.org/pilgrimage/ .

Scott Povlot

Umm, I think it show up in all browsers that open a window wider than 1152px. I am at 1680 / 116.5dpi -- a full length line-measure set 20 percent less than my default becomes extremely difficult to read.

An "easy-out," that would close the gap and simutaneously create a more readable line-measure is to set at fixed 980 width and center the page between the rails. Or wait to hear from other responders. In the meantime, it may be advantageous to validate.

Best,
~d

--
:: desktop and mobile ::