Chris Blake wrote:

I disagree. There are ways to style forms, so why not!? Streamlined
makes me think that you're talking about speed so maybe adding images
and things isn't such a good idea in that sense but would make it look
better. Ermm, google it - there's lots out there. 'styling forms with
CSS'...

Yes, but how would that "streamline" the page, which is the
ultimate aim ?  As the original message correctly identifies,
the page contains "a tremendous amount of duplicate []
html coding", and I cannot see how CSS can help to reduce that.
The problem appears more a methodological one than a stylistic one.

Philip Taylor