On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:21:37 +0100, Brian M. Curran <br...@draftingservices.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm going to be submitting an article to a site, and I'd like to be
technologically on par with it. This may be stretching the limits of
this css list, but I looked at the site's css for images that the site
is using that are working in a slideshow fashion, but I can't see how
it is being done. The slideshow may be accomplished by css (doubt it),
or something else??? The page with the images acting in a slideshow
fashion is:

http:// www. Cadtutor .net/tips/index.php

Duncan Hill
I may be missing something obvious ..... I can't see a 'slideshow'
anywhere on that page.
There are 2 animated gif's but that to me is the only activity.
There is no apparent JavaScript in the source that would control a slideshow, and the CSS does not hint at any slideshow.

<aside>
is there a reason for the spaces that you always seem to add to your links?
</aside>

Duncan

Hello Duncan. That's what I was talking about, that is, the gifs that are animated. I likened them to a slideshow effect, but I didn't mean slideshow literally. I've never seen something like that before, hence my post. The other responder to my post seemed to say that it was a JavaScript effect. I haven't re-looked at it yet to confirm that. If you know how the gifs are animating, then please share.

As for the spaces in urls: Every time a url is posted to this site it creates a link that lives on the web. I already have a ton of them to my personal site, and I don't want them. A trillion "garbage" links pointing to a website could possibly not be the best thing for a website's rankings in Google's SERPs. This is a debatable SEO topic. Ergo the spaces, to play it safe.

-Brian

Brian,

Animated Gif's are a very old technique, Kevin provided a link for further research and I'm sure Google will turn up many more. They need no added support from CSS or Script, but be aware that browsers can disable 'animations'. Webdesign-l etc would be better to take this because List-Mom is sure to be preparing the Sword of Damocles for this thread now.

Duncan