Hi everyone,
I've tested my pages on Firefox and Safari and IE8, and all looks fine. But when I check on my old version of IE, IE5.2 for Mac, I get red "X" symbols in place of some image files whose names are too long. I haven't figured out exactly what the maximum allowed number of characters is, but I was wondering if you all think it is worth the bother to go through my entire website and change all the filenames and the links in the code (hundreds of images and pages) for this old version of IE. I mean, is there some other reason to keep the file names under a certain number of characters? Most frustrating is the fact that my file names aren't even that long; for example: "LalenaFisher_ill_BooksOnBalls_th.gif" is too long, but "LalenaFisher_ill_Books_th.gif" seems okay. I have a lot of images and do need to get fairly specific in the filenames, so cutting them down would actually be a bit of a problem.
Thank you!
Lalena