At 7:54 AM -0700 10/5/10, Thierry Koblentz wrote:

 > I don't think "inherit" is a proper value for clear.

 it is:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#flow-control

I had checked "CSS pocket reference" (Eric Meyer/O'Reilly) and it says in
there that "inherit" is not.
I have a more recent version of this great little book, but for some reason
I can't find it. I'd be curious to know if this has changed in the newer
edition.

No, it appears to be omitted from the third edition as well. I wonder whether I simply missed it or if 'inherit' wasn't officially a 'clear' value when the 3ed. came out in 2007. Either way, I'll do my best to make sure I correct that in the fourth edition.

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."