On 10/8/10 10:08 AM, Chris Hardie wrote:
Hi,

I fear I have an impossible problem, but I thought I would throw it
out there. I am working on a site for dyslexics. Some dyslexics find
it easier to read print if they place a red or green plastic overlay
over the page (it apparently stops the letters from 'moving'). I
developed a small Javascript widget that, when clicked, puts a
similar overlay over a webpage.

[code snipped]

This works as I intended, except of course I didn't think that
div#overlay would prevent the user from interacting with the page.
In the example above, the user is unable to click through the div to
reach the link.

Can anyone think about how to get the result I want?

It seems to me you are after an "underlay" instead of an "overlay."
Have you tried alternative styles using different backgrounds and text
colors to get the effect you want?

Cordially,
David