Try adding:

display:block;

to your nav rule.

Also--
The tags <nav> and <footer> aren't CSS, they're HTML (in this case, HTML5).

Shawn

On 10/18/2010 10:37 AM, Rory Bernstein wrote:
Hello All,

I have this web page:
http://weinraub.ehclients.com/home/

I am trying to use some CSS3 elements here. I have a div with id="nav", and
everything is working fine. (for the nav list at top on the white background)

But, when I change that div instead to a<nav>  CSS3 thing, the white BG doesn't
work.

Here's that page:
http://weinraub.ehclients.com/home/index_css3

They are both using the same style sheet:
http://weinraub.ehclients.com/styles.css

I had this happen on a previous project, where I used<footer></footer>  and my style rules didn't
work that way, but when I used<div id="footer"></div>  it worked fine. What am I missing
here?

Thanks!
Rory