The first rule affects text in the table, but only if there is no default
styling for a subelement.  For example, making the color red on the table
doesn't change that links in the table are blue, because a rule that targets

The default styling for a submit button (in firefox 4.0b) is:
button, input[type="reset"], input[type="button"], input[type="submit"] {
    -moz-appearance: button;
    -moz-binding: none;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-user-select: none;
    background-color: buttonface;
    border: 2px outset buttonface;
    color: buttontext;
    cursor: default;
    font: -moz-button;
    line-height: normal !important;
    padding: 0 6px;
    text-align: center;
    text-shadow: none;
    white-space: pre;
}

It appears that "buttontext" is a synonym for "black" and that "-moz-button" is
"13.3333px MS Shell Dlg".

If you want the submit button to take the properties, you can use:

div.buttonmenu table input {
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px 2px;
        width: 100%;