Hi David,

I think that Michael is talking about the background-image on
div#content. It does not show because the three columns it contains are
floats. Any "containing floats" method on div#content will make the
background-image show up:

Your post made me take a closer look at that page and it turns out that
there is something really interesting going on there...

Michael had a background image on the main wrapper (commented out) so my suggestion was to fix the issue using the main wrapper, allowing him to get
rid of the "content" wrapper.
That wrapper was useless since the footer was clearing the floats, right?

In fact, *nothing* clears the floats :-)

If the footer stays in place it is only because of a large image (960px)
that comes after the floats.
You remove that image and everything after that elements goes bye-bye.

So Michael should keep the content wrapper and then read the article you
posted ;-)
Or use the footer to clear the three floats.

--
Regards,
Thierry

Thanks for the response, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean. What do you mean using the footer to clear the floats?

I read the article and am still a bit in the dark. Clearing floats has always confused me.

Thanks.
Michael