On 16/12/10 19:50, Claude Needham wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Alan Chandler
<a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>  wrote:
I have been struggling for a few days with a problem related to using anchor
tags.

The page is question is here

http://www.hartley-consultants.com/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html
The are links (ie<a href="#top">Go Up</a>  to anchors of the form<a
id="top"></a>

Any ideas?

Hello Alan,

I am not familiar with using<a id="top"></a>
I am more familiar with<a name="top"></a>

Try that and see if it helps.

Also, this is more of an html question. There is a list specifically
designed to handle html specific issues. Folks there might be a better
target for your question.

Folks on both lists are equally friendly and knowledgeable.
WebDesign<l...@webdesign-l.com>

One of the reasons I suspect its a mixture of CSS and HTML is that the links work perfectly with the default theme. Its also the reason I would prefer not to change the id for a name in the anchor tag - the default theme is writing the middle part of the page, and it is this default that is writing the part with the links and the anchors in it.

But I will also try the other list

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk