On Dec 17, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Beth Lee wrote:

>> 'm moving a site from tables into html5 and css, and onto WordPress. The
>> head of the organization is concerned that the front page drops the 2 rows
>> of 3 images out of alignment in her browser, which is ... AOL.

> The site is using the html5 doctype, which throws the page into quirks mode
> for IE6, yes? The page validates as html5.

The HTML5 doctype doesn't trigger quirksmode in IE 6, last I checked. (the
space you have before the doctype may trigger quirksmode, though.

> I meant to reference this URL regarding the IE6 box model:
> http://ohalah.org/wp/index.php

As far as I can see without checking in IE 6 (the VM being on another machine),
the issue is not one of box model, but margin-doubling on floated blocks
Your images have a left margin, IE 6 doubles that, and making a mess.
The usual fix:

#home-content img {
  display:block;
  float:left;