On Thursday, December 16, 2010, David Hucklesby <huckle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/10 11:50 PM, Joseba Roldan wrote:
>
> Hi all, I've just discovered the amazing world of CSS frameworks.
> I've been using 960Grid so far and I think is pretty good. Anyway, do
> you know any other recommendable CSS framework?
>

> Rather than relying on one particular framework, I suggest studying as
> many frameworks as you can. There are many useful (and not-so-useful)
> ideas in all of them. I think I radically improved my CSS by trawling
> through as many as I could find.
>
> Also, many good ideas are consolidated in the HTML5 Boilerplate - even
> if you don't use HTML5:
>
> http://html5boilerplate.com/
>
> Cordially,
> David
> --

I have recently written code for 2 large cms sites using vignette. In
one we received some basic mock ups  using the 960 grid. The other the
mock ups were older html. The grid really helped for this type of
site, although can be confining.  The second site was much more
challenging to put a cms around it.

The grid definitely has its uses.

Nancy