David Hucklesby wrote:
On 12/20/10 3:40 PM, Evan Panagiotopoulos wrote:
I create a string of html documents using php. Each document prints
one sheet of paper. I would like to have the documents that form the
odd sheets to have a footer where the even documents to have none.
[...]

How do you do that? Unless you are designing for an Intranet with all
paper sizes, printers, and browser print settings the same, I don't
think that can be done, can it?

A PDF might be the answer-- but not always.

Hmm, if your content was XML, you could use XSL-FO to automatically transform it into a formatted PDF. That might still suffer from size discrepancies between your page size and the visitor's page size, though.

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com