On 15 March 2011 17:47, Chris Blake <ch...@3pointdesign.com> wrote:
> I'm English, living in China and Markus is spot on.

Another interesting case is South Korea, which has a huge young
affluent & very computer-savvy population almost all using Windows &
IE since all the major Korean banks require MS proprietary ActiveX
security protocols. We're talking about people who need to buy a (very
expensive, bloated) new operating system (which more than likely
requires a new computer to run it at adequate performance) if they
want to upgrade their day-to-day browser. Ditching IE6 in that market,
for instance, wouldn't be seen as a particularly virtuous decision.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com
07594 506 381