I am re-vamping a website and am having some issues with my right-column
overflowing in IE8. Here's a link to see the screen shot: Sidebar Overflow
problem<%20http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/ayliea/Programming%20Problems/IE8SidebarError.jpg>

Here's my .css code:

#aside
{
    background-color: transparent;
    width: 18%;
    height: 100%;
    display: inline;
    float:right;
    margin: 0 10px 10px 10px;
    vertical-align:top;
}

#aside h3 { margin: 0; }

#sidebar
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 150px;
    width:17%;
    padding-left: 15px;
 }

and here's my HTML for that section:
    <h3>
        Mother's tell their stories...
    </h3><br />
        <form target="searchwindow" action="../../cgi-sys/entropysearch.cgi">
                    <h3>Search Our Site</h3><br />
                    <input name="query" /> <input type="hidden"
value="ahc" name="user" />
                    <input type="hidden"
value="http://aheartbreakingchoice.com"; name="basehref" />
                    <input type="hidden" value="default" name="template" />
                    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
                    </form><br />
                    <h3>I told her how sorry...

This seems to be working just fine in Firefox, Chrome and Opera, but of
course IE never plays by the same rules as everyone else. Can anyone give me
a little help with this issue?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Coleen