CSS-d,

I am trying to use Firefox's userContent.css to over ride some CSS on a
particular page.

Here is the original CSS:

input.superbigbutton {
    background-color: pink;
    height: 14em !important;
    width: 100% !important;
}

Here is what I want to over write it with:

input.superbigbutton {
    color: green;
    border: green 1px solid;
    background-color: #63D46D !important;
    height: 2em !important;
    width: 33% !important;
}

Here's the problem: everything works *except* background-color, and border.

For the background color, instead of turning a light shade of green, it
turns off the background color completely. In other words, the original
pink color is not overidden, it's apparently just broken or removed.

In the case of border, it does not apply. Doesn't matter if I use
!important or not.

All the other style changes (color, height, width) work, so I know I'm
acting on the right element.

Is there some other aspect to this that I need to consider?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G