Hello list,

I've been building a fairly elaborate snazzy 'hero module' (something
similar to the large Flash module on this site: gamespot.com). It's
been all sorts of fun, using transitions, rgba backgrounds, etc… Now
I'm getting the thing to work in IE6 and I'm having issues related to
the use of Microsoft's proprietary filter property.

First of all, I encountered a bug whereby an element with an
alphaImageLoader filter which has an ancestor with an alpha filter
(even alpha(opacity=100)) will not render its text contents. (I could
only get around this by dynamically clearing the ancestor's filter).

My current impasse is descendants of said alphaImageLoader element not
rendering background images (their text content, box model metrics,
positioning etc are fine). Nothing seems to work on this one.

I realise these are highly esoteric bugs that aren't part of the CSS
canon, and not being able to show the broken stuff (NDAs, sorry)
doesn't help — but the official documentation for CSS filters on MSDN
is astonishingly bad, and naturally they don't advertise their own
failings much.

Anybody know of a good resource of test cases, experiments,
conversations relating to MS proprietary CSS?

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com
07594 506 381