Have you seen this article before:

<http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/centered-dropdown-menus>

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Hi - I've been trying for two days to figure out how to center my top
navigation and get the drop-downs to be under the correct heading. After
much trial and error I'm now using the code from
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal02.htm as my starting
point.

So far I can center the main navigation items centered on the page but the
drop-downs all end up in the upper lefthand corner under Home:

http://www.issw.com/hallmark/index_centered_list_navbar2.htm
http://www.issw.com/hallmark/css/style.css
http://www.issw.com/hallmark/css/centered_list2.css

OR . . . I can have the drop-downs behave properly and be under the right
heading (although the background color is not the same length on every
line) but the whole main navigation is aligned to the left:

http://www.issw.com/hallmark/index_centered_list_navbar.htm
http://www.issw.com/hallmark/css/style.css
http://www.issw.com/hallmark/css/centered_list.css

I have doctypes on the files and have tried adding widths and margin: 0 or
margin: auto as many posts suggest but to no avail.

Is there a solution to this? I'm really trying to move forward to
css compliant sites.