I am not advocating Richard Fink's blog as a shining example of page
layout, and can't account for his decisions in typesetting. His
technical knowledge of the latest in implementations of CSS font
embedding is spot on though, and he can be relied upon to keep readers
abreast. I think the name of the blog reflects its focus on the web as
publishing medium, less an obsession with typographic best practice on
the Internet per se.

His latest post on @font-face syntax [1], combined with his TTF to EOT
application [2] should resolve any IE problems. The key thing to note
about Google's service is that it (by all accounts deliberately)
serves faulty glyphs to IE. You're far better off hosting your own
fonts.

[1] http://readableweb.com/new-font-face-syntax-simpler-easier/
[2] http://eotfast.com/

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com
07594 506 381

On 17 May 2011 10:29, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)