http://montana-riverboats.com/Uploads/isitpossible.jpg shows a small crop
from a large layered psd file I got from a designer.

1)
The image above shows the top-left corner of the proposed page's main
content display division, which shows a semi-internal border that looks
like a fuzzy drop-shadow with rounded corners.  In a fixed-width layout I
could imagine making a background image that was
the size of the entire division, and then using that as the division's url
background.

But as a liquid layout, where all the top-level divisions are sized as a
percentage of the available view port, I don't see how that
(the above fuzzy drop shadow internal bordering) would be possible. It it
possible to make a fuzzy border like this in a liquid layout context?
How?

2)
Is it true that liquid layouts are the most portable device-wise? From large
high-res monitors to pads to smart phones?
Corollary: is it true that fixed-width layouts (perhaps a centered 780 pixel
wide wrapper division) are the least portable across
various devices?

...thank you

--
/*  Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh  >--oO0>
    Have code will travel                  */