Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh wrote:
Developers *used* to ask "Can we stop supporting IE6 now?"

Now we've reached the point were continuing to support IE6 is a mistake, and
bad for the community as a whole. The handful of lagging users who still
cling to this antiquated platform need a wake-up call. They need a slap on
the keyboard rather than a holding hand.

Continued support for IE6 is counterproductive--a bad strategy for the
community at large.

And we've been through this before. My employer uses IE6 for its 1600+ employees. We do this because some of our mission-critical corporate web apps don't work in anything except IE6 (including newer versions of IE).

Why do corporate folk stick with old browsers? Because their bugs and limitations are known and don't change. Developers can focus on the web app itself instead of figuring out some new bug that appeared in some still-being-updated more modern browser.

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com