Oops, sorry Jay, it looks centered because I added 220px to the left margin.

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm glad you were able to see it in IE8. I'm having a "Friendly Error" problem with IE. But that's another issue...

It looks centered in Mozilla Firefox version 5 and IE8. See this picture:

<http://content.screencast.com/users/JT19560819/folders/Jing/media/65697f4c-dd5d-4fef-b81b-9edfe84681f4/2011-07-17_0137.png >

I also tested in compatibility mode and it looks the same as in previous two browsers.

hth

This one's reeeally easy, but ALWAYS hangs me up. This time I'll tape the answer to my forehead so I don't forget!

Why doesn't margin: 0 auto center the nav bar here? text align: center doesn't work either.

http://www.theeyecam.com/eyecam2/index.htm

the css: http://theeyecam.com/eyecam2/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css

Thank you!

Steve