On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Kashif Sami <contactkas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, this might sound pretty silly but what's the difference between screen
> size & screen resolution?

That may depend on the context of your question.

Strictly speaking, size is the physical size of the monitor.  It would
be something like 22 inches diagonally.  Resolution is expressed in
pixels, like 1280x1024.  In a perfect world, we could use absolute
units (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#absolute0) in our stylesheets
and our elements would actually be the size we specified, but I doubt
it ever actually works out that way.

It's more likely that you would need to worry about the distinctions
between inner height (the size of the actual content area of the
browser), window size (the size of the FF/Chrome/IE window including
decorations, titlebar, and toolbars), and actual screen resolution.

Why would you need to worry about screen size when making web pages?

--
Ghodmode
http://www.ghodmode.com/blog