On Monday, August 15, 2011 8:52:49 pm Ted Rolle Jr. wrote:
> > You're almost there.  First, you don't need text-align: center.  That's
> > extra.  But you do need a width on the body.  By default, it's 100% of
> > the browser, but looking at the stuff inside, it only needs to be
> > 885px.  Once you give the body a width, it'll center itself up.
> >
> > body {
> >
> >  margin: auto;
> >  width: 885px;
> >
> > }
> >
> > ---Tim
> >
> > or, width: 234mm;
>
> or, width: something%;
>
> Would these be possible?
> I prefer mm; I can measure it with a tape measure, but percentages are less
> rigid.

Sure they're possible.  The OP has all the internal divs defined with pixel
widths though, so percents and absolutes wouldn't make much sense in that
context.

Given the choice, I'd go with % over mm.  Any of the "I can measure it with a
tape measures" tend to be wrong, because they depend on the size of the pixels
on your screen - which almost never matches what your operating system thinks
it is.  For example - my monitor at work has 101 pixels per inch (I measured).
Windows only lets me choose 96 or 120.  So my "mm"s are either too small, or
too big, but never actually the right size.

---Tim