On 26/08/2011 7:39 PM, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

If, at the time of development, no more recent version
of IE than IE6 was available, then they may have had
little alternative, IMHO.

Philip Taylor

Very true and off-topic.

This debate will also apply to IE7, IE8 and IE9 and could be flame war material for another 10 years. MS itself is doing it best to rid the world of Internet Exploder (IE7-).

IE became CSS2.1 compliant with IE8 and finally IE supported a fair bit of CSS3 with CSS3 selectors, CSS3 background and borders, CSS3 color and many other CSS3 modules with IE9 bringing IE on par with other web browsers.

IE10 will have much the same support as WebKit and Gecko. Opera is going to be the browser that is behind the pack.

Progress can only happen when we (a web community involving users, authors and etc.) are willing to let go of the old.

BTW, this debate is off-topic as Philip has indicated. I do not expect any replies to this email since this thread has nothing to do with *can style sheets be too long*.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/