On 2011-09-12, at 1:59 PM, Chetan Crasta wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Norman Fournier <nor...@normanfournier.com>
> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a page that requires a background image to display when there is no
> content in the div. I have cobbled a transparent gif into the div in order to
> force the image to display. If the transparent gif is not there, the
> background image is cropped at the top of the div. I want to lose the
> transparent gif and achieve this using css. I tried to force the div to
> display by adding !important; to the css but that didn't work.
>
> Here is the effect I am looking for. The paint drips are the background image
> that needs to display on subsequent pages for continuity:
> http://www.thehalcyoncore.com
>
> After the animation loads subsequent pages should display the graphics
> statically, without the animation running.
>
> Here is the affected page with the background image broken:
> http://www.thehalcyoncore.com/thc-audios.html
>

> Don't know why you need a transparent gif.
> However, if you want to remove the bit of paint drips that is seen in the
> above page, remove the top padding on #main.
>
> Regards,
> Chetan Crasta

Hello,

Thanks for looking at that for me. What I would like is for the paint drips to
display when there is no text or graphic content in the main div, not to remove
them entirely. With a transparent.gif at 10px wide by 400px high the drips
display but I don't want to use a transparent.gif at all.

Norman
---
www: http://www.normanfournier.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/normanfournierdotcom