On 10/7/11 11:56 AM, Keith Purtell wrote:
I'm curious as to what some of you may think of this method I saw for handling IE's refusal to recognize max/min-width? I had never heard of an expression hack.

* html #wrapper {
width: expression( document . body . clientWidth < 972 ? "970px": "auto" );
}

- Keith Purtell

I think you mean IE/6 does not support min/max height or width.
How one handles IE/6 nowadays is a matter of opinion that ranges all the way from not supporting it at all to complete support for it.

If you are supporting IE/6 then that [1] is one of several methods to handle the min/max width problem in IE/6.

<http://cameronmoll.com/archives/000892.html>

Best,
Bill and Melina

--