I am using the Google Search Appliance for our search on a website I'm
developing. The appliance page layout page allows you to put in header and
footer code to match the look of the results page with the site design.

It looks fine in Firefox but the header looks really bad in IE 8 (I assume
other IE's as well).

Here's a search results page:
http://si-pwebsrch02.si.edu/search?q=Malcolm+X&btnG=Search&site=africanamericanart&client=africanamericanart&proxystylesheet=africanamericanart&output=xml_no_dtd

I copied my header code from the rest of the site, making all links absolute.
So the styles should be transferring to this results page. The yellow bar
should be at the top of the page, to the right of the logo (look at this page
for the way the header should look: http://africanamericanart.si.edu/art). The
main menu items should be in tabs but those styles are also not transferring.
In addition, each tab has a Superfish set of dropdown menus. Again, they aren't
showing up.

I know this is complicated. But can anyone lend a hand here? Thx.

Jeff