> 2011-11-17 18:40, Elli Vizcaino wrote:
>
>>  I don't understand why the text-indent on one link isn't working
>>  while it's working on the others. The fan page in question:
>>  http://e7flux.com/facebook/htlm/ - the link w the HTML5 icon in background
>>  shows the red text link on top even with text-indent set to -999em while
>
> The text-indent property does not apply to inline elements, so you would need
> add display: block in this approach. But the whole approach looks very odd,
> and
> I don't see what you are aiming at.
>
> If you want to have the link there, why not just make it a small image, with
> an
> appropriate alt text?
>
> Yucca

That link is set to display block - which is why I don't understand why it's
not behaving as expected. The only link that is set to display: inline is the
text link: "E7Flux".

Explanation of My Approach:
Funny enough, your suggestion is what I started out with, just an image with a
link but since I had the text aligned right, because "Powered by E7Flux" was
all I had at first in the footer, the image then got text aligned to the right.
So I decided to place the image as a background in the link and float it left.
As soon as I did that - the text-indent was no longer behaving as expected. I
removed the float to see if that would set things back and it didn't. And
because the above links w images in their backgrounds had no issues, I then
decided to mimic the way I had it set up in that case but, obviously that
hasn't solved the issue either.

Elli Vizcaino
Creating meaningful connections and compelling
experiences through the art & beauty of design.
http://www.e7flux.com