On 12/12/2011 9:49 PM, David Odefey wrote:
I'm working on a fluid layout.  It is rending how i would like in Chrome
15, but breaks in FF 8 (win7)
I've inspected that computed layout in firebug (FF) and I have an excess of
1px.

It is difficult to make a fluid layout when the approach to doing so is rigid [I get to be the devil's advocate:-) ]. You'll have better luck, and so will your users -- and their respective browsers -- if you give-up trying to split-hairs. Give all elements a little "play-room" to adjust to their parent block. What if, for example, all elements carried a border in the CSS but only one element actually shows that border on the screen?

Best,
someyounguy
Hanoi