On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:49 PM, John wrote:

>> url: http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/helveN-L.html
>>
>> Do the first two paragraphs display as serif fonts on Lion (OS X 10.7) with
>> any Gecko/ Firefox browser? If yes, there is a bug in Gecko.
>> (I assume default font preferences - 'western' should use 'serif' as a
>> default).
>>
>> The test fails (displays a serif font) on my side; I already cleared all
>> font-caches.
>> Other browsers work correctly.
>
> in FF, the first two paragraphs are serif, the rest are serif.
(only the first two paragraphs are serif, for the rest you meant sans-serif I
guess)

It appears to be fixed in Nightly builds; should work fine with Firefox 11.

> In Safari, the first is serif and the second is sans, as are all the rest.

really ? …… oh wait – let me test again. Indeed. WebKit nightly builds work
fine, though, as do Chrome 16+.

Thanks for testing John.

Philippe
--