On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Chris Williams <ch...@clwill.com> wrote:

> My question is simple: is this possible with just CSS?  Choices:
>
>  1.  Yep, I simply not found the right combination of CSS to get it to happen.
>  2.  Yes, but you need a different HTML structure.
>  3.  No, you can't do it with hover, you need to use javascript to get there.
>  4.  No, you just need to use a separate <ul> for the submenu and get over
> the whole "hover" thing.

Short answer: #1

Slightly longer answer:

If you have a URL we can take a look at we can probably help more.
The usual IE caveat is that ":hover" is only supported on <a> tags.
So if you want to trigger that submenu by hovering on the parent <li>
you will need javascript to support IE7 and older.

-Tim

--

tim.arn...@gmail.com