On 3/1/12 11:36 AM, Erica Cavin wrote:
On this page:  http://www.risingstarquilters.org/join_update.html

the small arrow that should appear next to "Back to questions"
displays far to the left in Chrome and Safari.  It displays properly
in Firefox and IE.  Any thoughts as to why?

I think that it does not display correctly in Firefox and IE. :\

You are applying the image to the list marker, which I'd expect to be to
the left of the list item and hanging off the edge, as any other list
marker. For some odd reason, Firefox and IE seem to apply the list
marker to the enclosed anchor/link!

I suggest a quick fix:

1. Add "float: right;" to the rule for li.backquestions
2. Add "overflow: hidden;" to a rule that targets the enclosing UL.

Example:
#answers > ul { overflow: hidden; }

This second step will enclose the floated LI, preserving the spacing.

HTH
--
Cordially,
David