> El 05/03/2012, a las 12:27, Jukka K. Korpela escribió:
>
> 2012-03-05 13:08, Barney Carroll wrote:
>
>> FWIW I recently discovered Open Sans, which has the same nice hinting,
>> relative lightness, and pleasant rounded glyphs as Calibri — but you
>> can embed everywhere with no legal repercussions:
>> http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Open+Sans
>
> Thanks, it looks interesting, but unless I'm missing something (as I use to
> do), it resembles Arial as regards to the size of letters. It lacks the
> certain crowdedness of Arial, and it might be very suitable for many
> purposes, but it does not look like a good fallback for Calibri - it looks
> considerably bigger than Calibri of the same size.
> It also lacks many commonly needed special characters, like arrows and the
> minus sign.
> But maybe there's some other freely embeddable font that sufficiently
> resembles Calibri?
> Yucca

Lucida Grande?  The design's not as nice as Calibri but the x-height is similar
and would be fairly widely installed especially if you specify the windows
variants in the family.

I found this page handy for describing the quirks of Lucida Sans and Lucida
Sans Unicode on Windows:

http://www.brownbatterystudios.com/sixthings/2007/03/14/lucida-hybrid-the-grande-alternative/

Hope this is useful, Peter H.