On 4/9/12 10:11 AM, Marie-Ange Demeulemeester wrote:
Hi, I need a block with two columns.

Despite of the quite simple code by using a table, I’ve tried to have
the same result with DIV.

The requirements are:

·         The columns have an equal height

·         Each column has a different background-color

·         2 columns: first column always width 100px, second the rest
of the screen (100% minus 100px)

·         The title and rule has to have the whole width of the
second column, and not equal to the width of the text in that column.
(Not OK in FF, in Chrome, )

·         This must be X-browser: IE6+, FF 3+; Chrome, Safari

My tryout:

http://users.telenet.be/MarieAnge/banner1.html

If somebody can simplify the code, please don’t hesitate.

Well, I was about to reply affirmatively when I noticed you seem to have
an unstated requirement - that the image is vertically centered! The
only way to get this working in IE 6 and 7, along with your other
requirements, is the solution you came up with - namely, an actual
table. While there are many ways to make the columns *appear* to be
equal height, table display is the only way I know to get actual heights
to match. While you can apply table display in browsers with good CSS
2.1 support, this does not include IE 6 and 7. Sorry.

Hopefully someone on this list will prove me wrong. :)
--
Cordially,
David