On 6/29/12 7:04 AM, Chris Kavinsky wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with being able to center a list that floats the
list items so it can be horizontal? The only technique I was able to
find required the css to use overflow:hidden, but that wouldn't work for
the project I'm working on since the navigation could potentially use
drop submenus, and the overflow would clip them. Here's the site I'm
working on for reference:

http://associationdatabase.com/aws/YBAA/pt/sp/home2

Centering floats is possible, but awkward. I suggest using something like
this inline-block approach instead. "Live edit" the code to change
"text-align: left;" on .nav-bar to "text-align: center;" to center it:

  <http://dabblet.com/gist/2820352>

P.S. Even works in IE 6. :)
--
Cordially,