On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Georg <gunla...@c2i.net> wrote:

> On 12.07.2012 02:05, Kyle Sessions wrote:
>
>> My instinct would be to declare  the non-vendor-prefixed one last, so
>>
> > if/when the browser supports that version of the declaration, it will
> > overwrite the vendor-prefixed version of the declaration. Does that
> > sound right?
>
> Yes. Always the non-prefixed version last, for the reason you state.
>

>  Is there something I'm not  thinking of?
>>

> Only that a browser vendor may choose to mess up the order/priority for
> whatever reason. And if that happens they will soon have to fix their own
> mess anyway, so no need for us to bother about it.
>
> regards
>         Georg

Thanks, Philippe and Georg; that all makes total sense! I saw some
vendor-prefixed declarations after some non-prefixed declarations in a CSS
file I'm working on, and, after a long day, I wasn't entirely sure if that
was right or not. ;)

Best,
Kyle

--
Kyle G Sessions
Berkeley Electronic Press

510-665-1200 + 128

www.bepress.com

bepress: the frontier of scholarly publishing since 1999

Check out IR success stories on the DC Telegraph at
http://blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com