Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me a hand with the CSS3 transition
property. I've set up a very simple test page here:

http://kage23.com/transition-test.html

When you first load the page, you should see a <ul> with four visible
items, and a "More" link. There's also another <ul> with a few additional
items, that is hidden when you first load the page (height: 0px; overflow:
hidden;). When you click the "More" link, I'm using Javascript/YUI to add a
class to the hidden <ul>, that gives it height: auto; instead of height:
0px;. I have applied the transition property (along with all the
vendor-prefixed transition properties) to my hidden <ul>, so when you click
the link, it should take a second for the hidden stuff to "slide" down and
become visible. However, for whatever reason, the transition is not being
applied, and the hidden stuff is instantly visible upon clicking "More".
This lack of transition is happening in all the browsers I care about, and
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Kyle

--
Kyle G Sessions
Berkeley Electronic Press

510-665-1200 + 128

www.bepress.com

bepress: the frontier of scholarly publishing since 1999

Check out IR success stories on the DC Telegraph at
http://blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com